One thing that I have learned in the past six weeks that i feel that i can utilize in the future is to not just read through a book because you think you know how to read. I have discovered that even though one knows how to read, there can be times when you do not understand something. When this happens, one should go back and re read, or research the topic, or look up the unknown word, so that one can better understand the book. I found annotating the book during readin makes understanding the book and using it for assignments much easier. I am esthatic that i have discovered this tool because i can utilize it in all of my future assignments incollege. This will give me an advantage over some of my classmates.
Also, after reading this particular book i have become much more aware of what goes on in other countries. Previously, i was concerned about me, my family, and friend. i did not really concern myself with problems of other. however, now that i look at how much persecution people from other countries go throug, it make me think twice beofre complaining, because my life is so perfect compared to theirs. This book has made me more appreciative.
I can not wait until it is the Fall, and i am about to embark on my college career. i am excited, and ready to begin!!!! Cant wait!!!
Monday, August 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I have no doubt you will be so successful in college and whatever career you choose. You should be very proud of yourself and I know that little girl of yours will see her mother become a college graduate and will want to follow in her footsteps one day. Good luck in all you do!
ReplyDeleteI am so happy that you have gained so much from the reading course. You are an excellent student and I was so impressed with your maturity and participation in the course. Best wishes for continued success in college.
ReplyDeleteYou are sophisticated, enthusiastic, and determined. Keep up the good work and I hope you enjoy your summer with your friends and family. See you in the fall! :)
ReplyDelete