Monday, July 6, 2009
Blog #2
I have participated in many different charities, and other forms of volunteer work, but not as much as i would have liked to. For example, whenever i did any type of philanthropic work, it was organized or controlled by another person and/or organization. The types of volunteer work that i have participated in is tutoring disabled children, helping out at nursing homes, as well as the local hospital, and helping out at my school. i have also raised money, collected clothing, and canned goods for unfortunate people. One day, I would like to take more initiative and actually organize my own charity to help a group of people of my choice, so that i can experience the feeling that Greg Mortenson did in the novel, "Three Cups of Tea". i hope that one day i will have the type of motivation that Greg had that made him want to build a school for a country that he was not even from. That is a very benevolent attribute to have.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Wonderful- I like how you feel motivated to create your own philanthropic opportunities!
ReplyDelete